Topic :- The Power Of God To Provide In Times Of Need
Text :- 1 Kings 17:1-6
Notes
1 Kings 17:1-6 KJV
[1] And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
[2] And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
[3] Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
[4] And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
[5] So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
[6] And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
We thank God for a channel like this where we can learn about the sweet word of God that makes us calm in situations that are meant to cause anxiety and depression.
Sometimes in the past after seeing how God comes through for me in my times of needs several times and I noticed they are helps that comes timely but they as human it looks small to things I am expecting, for example I had times in the past I had no place to sleep and then someone comes miraculously like an angel to give me shelter in their house for a night. In my mind I was expecting a miraculous turn around that I will be able to buy a house and I will not need to be homeless again. I have seen God comes through like this over and over again using people I don't know to solve my needs at the point I am supposed to be put to shame and yet I still never got to that point where I have it all and I don't need the help of God and His angels He never cease to send, many of them, we may not even be in contact again, some of them, I only see them for that day alone. And I begin to get worried, why is my God doing small things 🤔 I think I am serving a big God who can do big things.
From what I just shared I know this is what can possibly be on the heart of a lot of people, especially we the young people in this generation. After several experiences, I finally got the answer, God doesn't want us to live our lives without depending on Him. It is not that our God doesn't do big things, but He also wants us to know that He will always come through for us.
In this generation, several young people have because of the shame of being put to shame put their hands into sinful things that have put them in bondage. That is why God is sending out this word this morning to tell us that, the shame you think you will suffer God will never allow that shame to manifest.
That is why God says we should cast all our cares on Him, even when He has given us the big house and we don't need a place to sleep for the night again, God still wants us to depend on Him.
A Psalm of David says, I have been young and now I am old yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread, another Psalm says, the young lions do lack and suffer hunger but they that love the Lord shall not lack any good thing. Even if it takes God making way miraculously where there has never been ways before, God will do it just to prove that He cares for us.
We see in our text Elijah was fed by Ravens, that is a miracle, I learnt that Ravens are birds that are always hungry and feed on everything. For them to feed someone is nothing but miracle. As human of this generation, someone might of thought, maybe God will make way for Elijah to be fed in the palace or by a rich man during that time of famine, but I have learnt from my experience that God doesn't like to do things that any human being will take or share the glory with Him. That is why even after the Brook got dried God sent him to a widow to feed him in another miraculous way that only God will take all the glory.
From this write up, I want us to be encouraged that God cares about us more than we can care about ourselves, God knows the best way to attend to our needs and we won't need to be under the bondage or slavery of anyone who is claiming to be the one who did it for us. That is why God uses miraculous ways to solve our needs. Let us keep trusting in God. Don't put your hands in those things that will only lead to regrets and pains. Patiently wait on God to do what only Him can do, He never fails.
Prayers
- My Heavenly Father, I thank You for letting me know about how much You care for and how You will never put me to shame. Be glorified in the highest.
- O God, I pray please give me grace to always wait on You to attend to my needs in ways unimaginable instead of running ahead of your plans that can lead me into worshipping man or being a slave to anyone who claims to have helped me or even being under the bondage of satan, a hard task master who gives gifts and adds sorrow to it. Amen.

Comments
Post a Comment